The 9th edition of the European Advanced Aerobatic Championship took place in Deva, Romania. The European Advanced Aerobatic Championship started on July 22nd and ended on August 1st, 2015. It was the first European Advanced Aerobatic Championship that took place in Romania. It was organized by the Romanian Aeronautics Federation and the Romanian Air Club. The European Advanced Aerobatic Championship saw the participation of a large number of aerobatic pilots coming from 12 countries. Pilots from the following countries started their plane engines to prove during the European Advanced Aerobatic Championship they are the best at aerobatics:
- Belgium – Wim Soens, Alexander Van den Broeck – Extra 330SC;
- France: Benoit Faict – Cap 332SC, Thomas Liband, Loie Lovicourt, Martin Leroux-Dennebouy – Extra 330SC, Romain Vienne – Cap 232 SC, Jean-Max Vautier – Cap 231;
- Great Britain: David Thomson, Paul Tomlinson, Mike Collet, Emily Collett – Cap 232, Alan Cassidy – ExtremeAir XA42, Chris Brook – Extreme Air XA42;
- Italy: Matteo Barbato – Cap 232;
- Lithuania: Eltonas Meleckis, Arvydas Kacanauskas, Donaldas Bleifertas – Su-26, Sarunas Staniulis – Extra 300L;
- Luxemburg: Curial Talon – Cap 232;
- Monaco: Stefano Pastrovich – Extra 330SC;
- Poland: Piotr Szczepanski, Adrian Szuman – Extra 330SC, Artur Straczek – Extra 300S, Rafal Przybylak – Extra 330LX, Robert Kowalik, Bartlomiej Pyzik – Extra 300L;
- Romania: George Rotaru, Laszlo Ferencz, Cristian Iorgov, Andrei Serbu, Dan Stefanescu – Extra 330 SC;
- Russia: Igor Popov, Mikhail Bezdenezhnykh, Vladimir Kotelnikov – Extra 330SC, Vladimir Gavrilenko, Vasily Plotnikov – Extra 300SC;
- Switzerland: Guillaume Jacquet – Extra 200, Ariel Ludi – Sukhoi Su-29, Sean Wirz – Voltec 221;
- Ukraine: Oleksiy Agievych, Oleksandr Divyeyev, Victor Gorbachenko – Sukhoi Su-31M; Igor Shchutski, Volodymyr Prysyazhnyuk – Extra 330 SC.
At he end of a 3 days of European Advanced Aerobatic Championship the final results for each category are:
Program 1 – Known Compulsory: 1st place: Laszlo Ferenc – Romania; 2nd place: Jean-Max Vautier – France; 3rd place: Donaldas Bleifertas – Lithuania;
Program 2 – Free Program: 1st place: Vladimir Kotelnikov – Russia; 2nd place: France: Thomas Libaud – France; 3rd place: Benoit Faict – France;
Program 3 – Free Unknown 1: 1st place: Italy/ Matteo Barbato/ Cap 232; 2nd place: France/ Thomas Libaud/ Extra 330SC; 3rd place: France/ Martin Leroux-Dennebouy/ Extra 330SC;
Program 4 – Free Unknown 2: 1st place: Eltonas Meleckis – Lithuania; 2nd place: France/ Loie Lovicourt – France; 3rd place: Victor Gorbachenko – Ukraine.
The general results of the 9th edition of the European Advanced Aerobatic Championship are: 1st place: Jean-Max Vautier – France; 2nd place: Laszlo Ferencz – Romania; 3rd place: Benoit Faict – France. The final overall results of the European Advanced Aerobatic Championship 2015: 1st place – France; 2nd place – Romania; 3rd place – Ukraine. The 9th edition of the European Advanced Aerobatic Championship officially ended on August 1st 2015 with the prize awarding ceremony that took place after during Deva Airshow 2015 that was honored with the presence of some of the participants and the Romanian Air Force.